(Yield: 4 servings)
For the salad:
- 1-2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch arugula ,torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled and segmented, reserve excess
- 1 cup green grapes, seeded and halved, may be peeled
- 1/2 cup julienne red pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 Tb. fresh chives or Italian parsley, minced
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- juice from segmented grapefruit ( approx 3 tablespoons)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
On large platter add the Bibb and arugula.
On the bed of greens arrange the avocado and grapefruit segments.
Garnish with the grapes and red pepper.
Combine the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over
the entire salad.
- Add final garnish of minced chives or parsley and toasted nuts.